Extra Fine Watercolor 15ml Paint Tube, Quinacridone Purple, 284600225, Multicolor, 15 ml
- DANIEL SMITH is the Innovative Manufacturer of Beautiful Watercolors for Artists Worldwide, and makes the largest range of watercolors of any manufacturer, more than 240 colors. The 240+ color collection includes the exciting PrimaTek watercolors made from minerals (like Amethyst) plus other unique colors (like Moonglow) not available elsewhere, and Luminescent Watercolors which allow artists to capture the luminescent colors that exist in nature that regular watercolors cannot capture!
- Quinacridone Purple is a rich, powerful and juicy purple with a slight reddish cast. It’s non-granulating, so washes are smooth and controlled and it mixes beautifully. A luscious, versatile color. Quinacridone watercolors flow beautifully for extremely smooth washes, have incredible depth of color and can be lifted easily while still wet. They’re exceptionally strong yet transparent, ideal for glazing. Understandably, they’ve been very popular colors since their introduction – people just love them!
- Excellent Lightfastnes, Transparent, Non-granulating, Medium staining
- PV 55
- Conforms to ASTM D4236
Extra Fine Watercolors – classic watercolors of unsurpassed purity and permanence. The vision in the formulation of watercolors was twofold;
● First and foremost, to produce watercolors that are the best in lightfastness and permanence.
● Second, to offer a selection of truly unique colors.
Watercolors are formulated to meet and exceed the highest industry standards for the manufacture of artist’s paints, and every batch made is tested and analyzed for its performance qualities.
is truly the worldwide leader of watercolors for artists with 240+ beautiful colors in the 15ml watercolors, the most of any manufacturer. Many are traditional colors relied upon by all artists, and there are many “truly unique” colors made only by that have become so important to watercolor artists.
PrimaTek Watercolors are made from minerals, often semi precious minerals, that have been ground into pigments, mixed with gum arabic (the binder) and milled into PrimaTek Watercolors. The first was Lapis Lazuli Genuine in 1998, since then, many more have been added such as Amethyst Genuine, Piemontite Genuine and Serpentine Genuine. Most of these colors have wonderful granulating effects that some artists have called “magical”.
Luminescent Watercolors have special optical effects perfect for subjects that have a sparkle, sheen, or reflective glow like the iridescence of hummingbird feathers or the sheen of metals.
Cadmium Hues, has developed safe and vibrant Cadmium Hues with the density and richness of cadmium colors without the cadmium pigment. Virtually identical in color to their namesakes, they are cleaner in mixtures and much stronger in tints. The working properties – staining power, semi-transparency and excellent lightfastness – are nearly identical to those of the low-soluble cadmium colors previously manufactured.
Some unique colors are created exclusively by like Cascade Green, Green Gold and Moonglow. also finds unusual pigments to make colors like Mayan Red, Lunar Blue and Enviro-Friendly Red Iron Oxide to provide more choices for artists. Other colors are from pigments has sourced, often from very specific locations, colors like Burgundy Yellow Ochre, Monte Amiata Natural Sienna and Roasted French Ochre.
Watercolors are a favorite of artists all over the world, from professional artists to the beginning watercolorists because of the beautiful colors, consistent performance and lasting color or lightfastness.
Watercolors are packed with high quality pigments using pure gum arabic as the binder – no fillers. For each color, selects the perfect grind to yield particle sizes that maximize the qualities inherent in the pigment, balancing maximum pigment load with minimum vehicle content.
offers many ways to experience their Watercolors as well as providing extra creative means for artists with their Watercolor Grounds, Masking Fluid and Walnut Ink.
● 15ml Watercolors, available in more than 240 colors, the most of any manufacturer.
● 5ml Watercolors, available in 88 of the most popular colors makes.
● Watercolor Sticks, 51 popular Watercolors shaped into stick form to draw and paint with, a new way to expressively use watercolors.
● Watercolor Dot Cards, a great way to try Watercolors without buying whole tubes of paint. These are dots of pure Watercolors that reactivate into paint with the touch of a wet brush, allowing artists to easily and cost effectively, try many colors. Two sizes: 238 Dot Card to try nearly the entire line of Watercolors and the 66 Dot Card to try many Watercolors.
● PrimaTek Watercolors, 37 PrimaTek Watercolors, made from minerals, many semi-precious, that are ground into pigments and made into unique watercolors.
● Luminescent Watercolors, 48 Luminescent Watercolors with optical effects.
● Watercolor Sets: Essentials Set, PrimaTek Set, Alvaro Castagnet’s Master Set, Primary and Secondary Sets.
● Watercolor Ground, Paint watercolors on any surface when prepared with Watercolor Ground, available in 4 colors; Titanium White, Buff Titanium, Mars Black and Transparent.Watercolor Ground can help “rescue” a watercolor painting when applied over a mistake, giving an artist a second chance with a new surface to paint on.
When you choose Watercolors and other products, you are choosing the best materials to create with. products are made in the USA, in Seattle, Washington for artists worldwide.